I had truly forgotten how long the flights to China are. Ouch! 3 hrs in to the flight to Tokyo, I was looking at my watch and asking "how much longer?" Only 10 1/2 more hrs to Tokyo - Ugh! The aisle seat is truly the favored seat. I almost had one. We were 4 wide w/ John and I in the middle and the seat beside me still didn't have anyone in it when at the last minute, the attendant moved a Sky priority member to it because he didn't like who he was sitting by. I checked those seats last week, and it was shown as reserved - ARGGGGG!!!! We apparently had a slightly older plane because while we had movies, there was only 1 big screen in our cabin and it was 7 rows in front of me. Short people can't see over the seats in front of them that well. I needed a phone book! :) My saving grace was the book I brought. Finally dug it out and got sucked up in it and read for about 7 hrs. Took a couple of short naps when my eyes started to burn. The guy beside me turned out to be okay. He was quite the talker, but after dinner, he finally fell asleep. We got the whole standing up to go to the bathroom routine worked out and timed to about every 3 hrs.
Tokyo was pretty uneventful. Big airport, and that's pretty much all we saw. John and I were pretty tired at this point so we pointed ourselves in the direction of the gate and just stayed there. Getting back on another long flight was not looked upon favorably! Another 4 1/2 hrs in the air. But, I got a nap and finished my book. Hong Kong's airport looked fabulous when we arrived!! Found our luggage and hiked our way to the hotel - luckily, it was attached and easy to find.
No comments:
Post a Comment