Today was spent at the Chen family temple. We've been there before, but Jack hadn't so we went anyway. Plus, it was good bonding w/ all of the families. Jack was very interested in seeing all of the artwork, and he was taking pictures like crazy on his Ipod. I always like hearing about the local history as well as the cultural revolution.
After the temple, we went to the government store for some shopping. We got an ink chop with Jack's zodiac and his English and Chinese names. Plus, a few gifts for ourselves and others. Lunch was out at Macau Restaurant which is a local chain restaurant and very good.
It was cold out today - low 50's and drizzle. Missing my coat! After warming up in the hotel room in the afternoon, we headed back out to Shaiman Island for more shopping. We finally had some time to stroll through the shops and eat at Lucy's again. I think we're almost done w/ shopping. Heading to the leather market on Wednesday.
Tomorrow is a day we're all looking forward too. Safari time. Will probably make a few people at home mad because we didn't make it there last time, but since we're in the same province the whole time, we're able to fit it in.
Cherrie-
ReplyDeleteSent you pics to your email!
I loved the comment about your coat. I was there in July and it was 120 degrees during the day. Even in my airconditioned room I sweat. I wasn't dry for 2 weeks...it was unbearable. enjoy the cool!
My favorite shop on Shaiman is the Charity shop. Only shop where all the proceeds go to orphanages and all the items are handmade and lovely. If you haven't made it there it is worth while. The Ram Statues in the large park are spectacular. Great walk and tons of wonderful plush nature in the big city. Can't recall if I mentioned it to you. We were at the Garden Hotel and the concierge just told the cab where to go ...but I saw it on the map. The other super interesting site was the budhist temple and great vegetarian chinese restaurant...also concierge will know where it is. Looking forward to seeing you in Detroit.
Have fun- Shelli