Sunday, March 4, 2012

2 more comments - Hong Kong and travel

As I was loading pictures to Facebook, I remembered two stories I need to write down so we don't forget them.  1 - rootbeer on plane = bad idea; 2 - keep an eye on John when he's ordering food.

1.  So in my great wisdom, we bought drinks before boarding the plane in Detroit.  It's going to be a long flight so we want to make sure we are fully refreshed - right?  Got on board and decided I wanted some refreshing rootbeer.  Had no idea how jostled around it had gotten in the back pack while boarding.  Oops!  Yep, you guessed right - root beer in my lap...  Luckily, it wasn't a large quanity, and I had the in-flight pillow handy.  It soaked most of it up.  I was able to get to the bathroom to clean up my hands.  REALLY happy I had on black yoga pants and not jeans.  How embarrassing would that have been? 

2.  Gonna have to keep my eye on John when he's ordering food - even at McDonalds.  For lunch, we slipped in to a McDonalds (yes, we know - "what?  You're in China and going to McDonalds?  You don't even like to eat there in the US.").  We were short on time and wanted something fast.  I went the safe route and ordered chicken mcnuggets.  I could make those out pretty well.  When I look at a picture of a hamburger and go "what's that on it?" I tend to steer clear of it.  As the case of the #4 CBG, EGP, or whatever the 3 letter combo was (we're arguing over it now & can't find it on their website- should have taken a picture).  I even pointed out - "what is that?"  to which John replied - "when in Hong Kong, you should try something new."  However, he didn't actually see that the #4 was some mystery meat and ordered it.  He thought he was ordering a spicy chicken sandwich.  Apparently, he needs glasses so he can read the menu.  Thus, he ended up w/ mystery meat.  The whole time he was ordering, I just kept looking at him and asking...."are you sure?"  It wasn't until we were seated that he understood my confusion and said - "where's my spicy chicken sandwich?"  So our lunch conversation completely revolved around said mystery meat - which he ate and said wasn't too bad.  Come to find out - Thank you to McDonalds for printing their boxes in English - it was a grilled chicken thigh. 

1 comment:

  1. LOL - you two are the best old married couple I know! I can just envision this ordering saga and can hear your skeptical voice, "are you SURE?!". Haha! LOVE these glimpses into your time! <3

    ReplyDelete