A "down" day today. We started the day w/ a trip to Carfour (French version of Wal-Mart). Got Jack and Judah some small history books and some "essentials" like Oreos, Chips Ahoy, and a case of water. We also picked up some treats for our orphanage visit.
Our second stop was to Shamain Island to get Visa photos done. We had a group lunch and a very small amount of shopping. The babies in the group were getting tired. Very sad to see the White Swan - it looked in such bad condition because it's boarded up and getting a complete overhaul. Island life looks like it's still good - a couple of schools I don't remember seeing before. Not quite as many shops as before, but there are still several there. We will be making a trip back for shopping and to eat at Lucy's. Our biggest issue is finding transportation back to the hotel, but we'll get it figured out. :)
We were adventurous for dinner and went downstairs to Food Street. :) At least it has an English menu!! I'm not brave enough to order off of pictures. We ended up with chicken and mushrooms in a clay pot and a shrimp, scallops, and crab roe (egg) fried rice. All very good. We could have ordered fish intestines if we had wanted to. I don't think that will be ordered - EVER.
Hung out in the room in the evening to "relax". I don't think Jack has a "relax" bone in his body! We fired up Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I relaxed, Jack enjoyed the explosions. I got covered up w/ lots of pillows - twice. Good to know I'm good for something. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment