Monday, June 21, 2010

Gotcha Day

Gotcha day went fairly well. We met Addie, one of her aunties, and the orphanage director at 10am. There were 3 other children being adopted at the same time. Kara and Rob's baby was so overwhelmed it brought tears to my eyes. Tears before Addie even arrived. I did really good with Addie, and I think that was because she didn't express any grief. The orphanage director told us that she had a long time to prepare for this day and looked at our photos often. He said he was glad that she was going to a family with children.
Still trying to figure out what kind of neck surgery she had in 2007. Amy gave the auntie all of the information we had on it and they were researching it. They're supposed to bring us more information tomorrow. Neither the auntie nor the director were there when she had the surgery.
She was very nervous with us at first. Lunch was a challenge because we couldn't tell when she was done eating. She's very shy and wants to please us. She was also tired as we weren't able to go to lunch until about 1 hour after her normal lunch time. After, we came back to the room and put everyone in bed for quite time and/or naps. After about 15 minutes, she fell asleep and slept for 1 1/2 hrs. After the nap, she was more interactive. Still shy, but played with blocks in the playroom, was more curious at dinner, allowed me to bathe her, and try on the clothes we got for her. 4T seems to be the magical size with a few 5T items as long as they can fit loose. She's a tiny little thing!
She seemed to enjoy watching Happy Feet. Found out that she's afraid of animals and just recently was scared of a cat when they went to get her passport photos. She asked to be picked up when going around the cat. The transition to home with Shorty, Mushu, Pumpkin, and Boo should be interesting. She's never been to a zoo as her city doesn't have one. I think we'll have to work on the animal section of the photo album that I made.
So happy to finally reach this day and finally have her!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl!!! I am SOOOOO excited to finally meet her!! Just looking at the pictures brought tears to my eyes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Natasha - I've got tears too!! So happy for you all ;-)

    ReplyDelete