Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 4 - Legal Adoption Day

Spent part of the morning at the Civil Affairs office finalizing the Chinese portion of our adoption paperwork. Addie handled going back to the Civil Affairs office really well. We could tell as soon as we got out of the van that she was very nervous and didn't understand why we were back there. In the waiting room, she sat on John's lap with her arm wrapped around his neck. Pretty sure it was a sign of "I'm not leaving here without you". Paperwork went very smoothly. Much easier than I was expecting.

Lunch this afternoon went good. She's slowly getting more comfortable at meal time. She's very regimented in wanting to finish off her meals so we're trying to keep portions realistic so she doesn't stuff herself just because she thinks she has too. Currently nap time. She's obviously somewhat comfortable with us because she's slept well at naps and overnight. No night terrors yet.

Heading to the pool this afternoon. Not sure how it's going to go, but we're going to give it a try. For dinner, I think we're going to venture outside of the hotel and try to find the elusive McDonald's. We got directions from our guide yesterday, but it was too much to try and go find it on her first day with us.

Drove past a sports complex today where Olympic athletes train. Primarily the gymnastics, swimming, and wrestling teams. I believe there are more, but I can't remember what the guide told us. Hunan apparently has always very strong in the sports training areas thus the reason the complex is located here.

The hotel is housing a conference today for International Sister Cities. While at lunch, a group came in, and one of the individuals is a KU Jayhawks coach. Wish I had my camera. We tried to look on KU's website to see which coach, but we stopped after looking at about 6 of them. One of the people with the coach who appeared to be "in charge" of program stopped at our table and welcomed us. He handed all of the kids a pin with both the Chinese and USA flags on it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment