Today was a rough day for little Miss. Addie. Very early morning start that she didn't really appreciate. We had to be in the hotel lobby by 6:30am. She often wakes up dazed and confused - particularly when it's that early. She took her first airplane ride which was about 1 hour. We're not sure if she actually knew that she was flying, and it didn't take long for her to fall asleep. We're not sure if she has motion sickness or just a bit of phlem, but she spit up in the van on the way to the hotel. I say spit up vs throw up because it didn't amount to much. She did the same thing on the first day that we had her. We've at least been watching for it. She has done good all week in cars until today, and I've got a supply of plastic bags on hand every where we go.
Checked in and got some lunch, then Addie and I met our guide along with Mary, Ron, and their new daughter, Marissa. She's 2 1/2 and is also special needs. She has PKU. I need to get Frank (step-uncle) and Carrie's email information and put them in contact w/ Ron and Mary for questions and support. Both girls had to go to their medical exams and TB tests. Since Addie's 4, she also got 5 vacines. She was NOT happy about them - not that I blamed her. But, I did at least get to see some emotion, and she let me comfort her. We also got to walk in the rain as I forgot to get the umbrella from Carter before we left the hotel, and it started about 1/2 way there and about 1/2 way back. If you've been watching the news, you know that it's been raining ALOT in China today. The highway to the airport today in Changsha had some flooding on it. We saw on the news were massive floods have been occuring around the area. But, at least we have not received the bad storms that Illinois has been getting. I'm assuming my house is still standing and back porch in place since Kris hasn't emailed me to tell me otherwise!
Milestones today - she's responding to just Addie today. We started dropping her Chinese name, and she's responding quite well. She put her arms up in the air when I told her to after her bath so I think she's starting to understand some of what we're saying. She also seemed to understand when I asked her to go potty. She still hasn't pooped yet - over 3 days now. We're thinking she can't be feeling too good. I asked the doctor about it today. He said lots of water and lots of fruit. We've been doing good on the fruit, but she's not particularly fond of water. Been having to force her to drink it today. We did find out that she really likes apples. She scarfed them down at dinner tonight.
Open day tomorrow which is nice. No alarm to set! Hope John turned off the one on his phone! He passed out while I was giving the kids bathes. Hasn't moved much since then. Check out the pic of my sleeping angles!
Guess I better sign off and hit the sack myself! Have a great day everyone!
Love you all! I am very excited for you. Thank you for the updating! I love it!
ReplyDeletek