Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 11 - Pistol and discipline

HOLY COW! I think someone stole my child in her sleep and replaced her with a mini-pistol! I know her Half the Sky documentation said she could be "naughty", but I didn't think we'd see it so quickly! Today the sun came out and so did Addie's "naughty" side. She was dancing in the lobby, running down the halls, trying to touch EVERYTHING in EVERY shop. She got stuck walking with mom in the stores or being carried to keep her from breaking anything. Typical restless child in a boring store! She laughs at me when I get after her, but it didn't take too much before she knew I meant business. She just took the crayons away from Victoria who was trying to sort them. She was working more on her words, and saying some of the english words.
Carter saw a real gunman today as a bank was receiving a money delivery. Full vest and shotgun! Tried to get a picture without being too obvious.
We're rethinking the kindergarten for this year. It might be good for her after all. The structure Mr. Weldy and his staff can provide might be good! She likes to color with her left hand so I'm wondering if the teachers were trying to get her to write w/ her right hand. She favors her left hand when eating too.
Off to the US Consulate soon for the swearing in ceremony!

1 comment:

  1. HA! You can totally handle a pistol! She's growing more comfortable with you!!!

    ReplyDelete