We're in the final countdown for home. The sun finally came out today and decided to stay out. We went to an herbal market this morning, V&C swam during nap time, and then I spent the afternoon packing. John bought too much big stuff (or items w/ big packing boxes), and we had to get ANOTHER suitcase. At least it only had to be about carry-on size and was a whole $17. Alot cheaper than if we would have had to pay for an overweight bag - $150. We're up early tomorrow for a 9am train to Hong Kong. Really hoping we get to the hotel early enough to dump our stuff and go to Disney Land. No need to unpack since we're only there 1 night. Then we're in the air for home on Friday at 9am. First to Detroit then home around 3:50pm.
The Herbal Market today was quite interesting. I'm not sure my pictures even do it justice. Shop after shop of "herbs" ranging from ginsing to scorpions (dead and alive). Snakes, turtles, chickens, ducks, etc... Then we found the pet market - row after row of pet stores. Cat food, dog food, Fish, cats, dogs - really pretty dogs for $14. Carter wanted to bring one home! Why anyone would want to boil scorpions to heal themselves is beyond me, but what I really want to know is how they don't get sick or die from the raw meat hanging out in the heat and flies! It gave dinner a whole new perspective!
Well, I need to get the kids through the tub and in to bed. The bell boy will be at our door at 6am! Have a good night everyone! Not sure if we'll get to update before we're on our final leg home. If not, we'll talk to ya this weekend!
Big Days! Big Days!
ReplyDeleteI hope you made it to Disney Land! It would not be an O Family trip without Mickey involved, now would it??
Much love to you as you bring your new daughter home!
P.S. I know you'll be busy upon your return -- but keep up with the blogging! I love it!!!!!
k