Sorry I'm getting this posted a day late, but every time I had "downtime", I was spending time with our guide. We did our final paperwork in the afternoon. Today, I was very happy to be a Hague Convention family. My paperwork consisted of 1 form and turning over alot of papers to our guide. The non-Hague families had to fill out alot more forms that we filled out while in the states. Our guide took us to a Thai restaurant last night. It was very good. I then spent 1 1/2 hrs with the guide as we read through our Half the Sky packet looking for any information in it that may give us a clue as to what kind of surgery Addie had in 2007. It didn't even mention the surgery but did provide us with alot of other usefull information. I'll write more about that in a little while. I asked our guide if there is anyway for us to get information from the Tomorrow Plan or the hospital where the surgery was done. I was planning to do it when we got home, but she told me to give her what we have today, and she'll see if she can find out any more information this week.
Victoria earned her plane ticket today by getting LAUGHTER out of Addie! The morning started with small giggles while they played with balloons. When I got back to the room in the evening, we had full on laughter, and engaged play between the three kids. She's pretty much taken to Victoria! I think the jury's still out on Carter. Mom must still seem too much like the teachers or aunties. Any time I approach to get a laugh, she pulls it all back in like she's not supposed to have fun with mom around.
Today, we're doing some sightseeing. Going to the Chen Family Temple and lunch with our Great Wall group. Need to be in the lobby in 10 minutes so I'm typing in a rush. :)
Half the Sky info - Half the Sky is an organization that operates independently from the orphanage. I believe it was started by adoptive parents wanting to provide more care and interaction with the orphans. They operate in several orphanages around China. The program started at Yiyang CWI in 2005 right before Addie was born. They document different daily life activities and take pictures of the babies over the years. While they didn't have Addie's surgery documented, they did document that she was diagnosised with light CP when she 7 months old and at 10 months, she was hospitalized with a very high fever. We were not aware of this original high fever. When she came back from the hospital, they said she had regressed to about a 1 month old state. Her body was very soft and she couldn't hold her head up or hold her body straight.
I need to go now, but I'll document more of what we found out after we get back. Have a great day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment